After filling one plastic bucket with dandelion greens and one with the sunny flowers, I walked back, making a quick stop at the organic foods store near my flat to pick up an orange and a lemon for my jelly. Now it was time to begin. I am not including the recipes for the jelly or the bruschetta here because neither one turned out ideal, but I still plan to play around with them, so if I figure out the perfect way, I'll be sure to let you know. So for now, this post is just a story of my day.
|A cup of my favorite tea was the best companion...|
After this cooked for about 10 minutes, I took it from the heat, strained it through a towel, and cooled it in the sink with cold water.
Then I returned it to the heat and added a bit of vanilla and the sugar and pectin mix that you can buy here in Germany. This is where I believe I messed up with the jelly. I added enough to make it the correct sweetness, but I guess it was not enough to make it jell properly. So now my jelly looks wonderful, but is more like a thick syrup. But it tastes pretty darn delicious! Maybe I'll have to try it on pancakes! I did still pour it into four jars and seal them by putting the lid on immediately and then putting them upside down to cool.